In line with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, SilverTemp operates according to a strict policy that covers privacy and security in our business practices. SilverTemp complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained within the act. These are:
- Collect personal information in a manner that is fair, lawful and not intrusive
- Only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected
- Ensure personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Protect personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- Have a policy document outlining your information handling practices and make this available to anyone who requests it
- Give an individual access to personal information you hold about them when requested to do so
- Give people the option to transact with you anonymously whenever it is lawful and practicable to do so
- Do not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented; the collection is required by law; or in other special circumstances
Collection of Personal Information
SilverTemp needs to collect personal information for the purposes of performing business transactions. This information is collected with your knowledge and consent, and includes:
- Your business name, ABN, business address, and contact information
- Any service-specific information and your resume details, including technical and business specifications and references.
Use and Disclosure
Personally identifiable information is only used for the purpose it was collected. This allows us to provide our services to you. If you decide to cease dealing with SilverTemp you can request all of your information to be destroyed. Your personally identifiable information may also be used to conduct credit checks with credit organisations if required.
We may use the information we collect for our own promotional activities in order to offer you services that may suit you. You can opt-out of all communications.
No information collected at SilverTemp is transferred or sold to third parties for the use of promotional marketing.
Accuracy of Information
You can contact us to view and amend any of the information we store about you.
Protection of Information
SilverTemp offers protection of your information in the following ways:
- All sub-contractors that deal with SilverTemp and are exposed to your information are required to have a non-disclosure agreement in place with SilverTemp
- All staff have non-disclosure agreements with SilverTemp
- All sensitive information, such as credit cards and Commonwealth Government Identifiers are stored on a computer system with limited staff access. This computer system is inaccessible from the internet.
- No sensitive information is kept on servers accessible from the internet
- All confidential information relating to any services we provide is stored behind industry-standard firewalls to protect from unauthorised access. You can request that we not use the internet to transmit or store this information.
- Any sensitive information on hardcopy is stored in lockable filing cabinets, and is shredded when it is no longer needed.
Access to Information
Upon request we will provide you with all the information we have collected from you. We may charge a fee to provide this information if it involves over one hour to prepare.
Use of Commonwealth Government Identifiers
SilverTemp uses ABNs for all businesses to whom we provide our products and services. This information is used to conduct business checks on the organisation. This information is stored offline, inaccessible from the internet.
Transfer of Information
SilverTemp does not collect personally-identifiable information without your consent. Before we commence trading with customers we will require you to provide personally-identifiable information to us. Your consent is given by signing and returning any application forms.